The Inter-War Period
It became mechanised in 1938 and became part of the Royal Armoured Corps in 1939.
The Second World War
As a unit of the Royal Armoured Corps, it used the Vickers machine guns that equipped the light and medium tanks in the early stages of the War. When these were replaced, its association with the Vickers machine gun ceased.