In Spring, 1918, Machine Gun Battalions were formed as Army Troops for attachment to Corps formations as required. A number of these were formed from dismounted Yeomanry Regiments.
F Battalion, MGC was formed between 06 and 08 April 1918. It was formed from the 2nd County of London Yeomanry (previously Corps Troops, XXI. Corps).
It was renamed No. 104 Battalion, MGC in mid-August 1918.
From 21 September to 07 October 1918, it was attached to the 9th (Scottish) Division. From 07 October 1918 to 08 November 1918, ‘C’ Company was attached to the 9th (Scottish) Division.
As a unit of the 9th (Scottish) Division, it will have taken part in the following battles and engagements.
|THE FINAL ADVANCE IN FLANDERS|
|14 to 19 October||Battle of Courtrai [II. Corps, Second Army].|
|25 October||Ooteghem [II. Corps, Second Army].|
On the 26th and 27th October the 9th Division was relieved by the 31st Division, and the 9th Division then moved back to reorganise in billets in the Lys valley near Harlebeke. On the 5th November H.M. The King of the Belgians inspected the 9th Division on the ex-German aerodrome near Harlebeke.
This unit was returned to its original Yeomanry status prior to 1922.