A Motor Machine Gun Battery was provided to some Divisions to provide additional mobile machine gun assets.
No.12 Motor-Machine-Gun Battery left Bisley and joined 17th (Northern) Division at Flowerdown Camp, Winchester, on 10 July 1915. It disembarked at le Havre on 13 July 1915. On 07 May 1916, it was transferred to X Corps and joined on 10 May 1916.
No. 12 M.M.G. Battery was attached to the 1st Division for the proposed Belgian offensive between 19 July and 17 October 1917.