A Motor Machine Gun Battery was provided to some Divisions to provide additional mobile machine gun assets.
No. 15 Motor-Machine-Gun Battery was formed at Bisley on 29 May 1915. It joined the 18th (Eastern) Division on 22 July 1915 and went to France with the Division. It disembarked at Le Havre on 25 July 1915 and served with the 18th (Eastern) Division on the Western Front.
On 05 May 1916, the Battery was transferred to XV Corps.