The Great War
The South Irish Horse was a Special Reserve Cavalry Regiment that would have had an MG Section as part of its Regimental Headquarters. These weapons would have been brigaded when the Machine Gun Corps was formed in 1915. The guns, and crews, would have been formed into a Machine Gun Squadron.
As part of the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1922, this regiment was disbanded.