The 11th C.M.G. Coy. was attached to the 11th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Infantry Division.
It landed in France on 11 August, 1916. It was formed from the MG Sections of the Infantry Battalions of the Brigade.
After being relieved from the Lens-St. Emile and Hill 70 sectors of the line on the night of 28 March, it moved to Springvale Camp, near Ecurin. On 29 March, it was amalgamated with the 12th C.M.G. Company to form No. 2 Company, 4th Bn, C.M.G.C..