A Machine Gun Company, of the Canadian Machine Gun Corps, was attached to each Canadian Infantry Brigade, until the formation of Canadian MG Battalions.
The 14th C.M.G. Coy. was the Divisional Reserve MG Company, 2nd Canadian Infantry Division.
It was assembled on 18 January, 1917, at Floringhem, near Pernes-des-Artois. The personnel were drawn from the existing Machine Gun Companies, Infantry Battalions in the field, and the Depot.
On 23 March, 1918, it was amalgamated with the 5th C.M.G. Company to form No. 1 Company, 2nd Bn, C.M.G.C..