A Machine Gun Company, of the Canadian Machine Gun Corps, was attached to each Canadian Infantry Brigade, until the formation of Canadian MG Battalions.
The 4th C.M.G. Coy. was attached to the 4th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Infantry Division.
It was established on 01 January, 1916. It was formed from the MG Sections of the Infantry Battalions of the Brigade.
On 23 March, 1918, it was amalgamated with the 6th C.M.G. Company to form No. 2 Company, 2nd Bn, C.M.G.C..