The 14th Hussars was a Cavalry Regiment that would have had an MG Section as part of its Regimental Headquarters.
The Great War
These weapons would have been brigaded when the Machine Gun Corps was formed in 1915. The guns, and crews, would have been formed into a Machine Gun Squadron.
The Inter-War Period
In 1922, the Machine Gun Corps was disbanded and the guns returned to the Cavalry Regiment as a Machine Gun Troop.
In April 1922, the 14th Hussars (two squadrons) was amalgamated with the 20th Hussars (1 squadron) to form 14th/20th Hussars.
- The National Archives. WO 123/64 Army Orders 1922.