The Befordshire Yeomanry was a Territorial Cavalry Regiment that would have had an MG Section as part of its Regimental Headquarters.
It joined the 9th Cavalry Brigade from England on 12 June 1915.
The MG Section was brigaded into the 9th Cavalry MG Squadron on 28 February 1916.
In 1922, the Machine Gun Corps was disbanded and the guns returned to the Cavalry Regiment as a Machine Gun Platoon and then formed as a Machine Gun Squadron in the early 1930s.
This remained until the formation of Divisional Machine Gun Battalions in 1936 where guns were brigaded once again. As Cavalry regiments were largely mechanised, their use would have been as per the Royal Armoured Corps and Tank Regiment.