In Spring, 1918, Machine Gun Battalions were formed as Army Troops for attachment to Corps formations as required. A number of these were formed from dismounted Yeomanry Regiments.
100th Battalion, MGC was formed in Spring, 1918. It was formed from the Warwickshire Yeomanry and South Nottinghamshire Hussars Yeomanry.
This unit was returned to its original Yeomanry status prior to 1922.