A Machine Gun Company of the Machine Gun Corps was attached to each Infantry Brigade and their subsequent Division. An additional Company was attached as a divisional reserve.

Brigade attached to:Divisional Reserve
Division attached to:42nd (East Lancashire) Division

The 268th M.G. Coy. was formed in England in October 1917.

On 23 February 1918, it was amalgamated with the 125th, 126th and 127th Machine Gun Companies to form No. 42 Battalion, Machine Gun Corps.


Sources

Leave a Reply