A Machine Gun Company of the Machine Gun Corps was attached to each Infantry Brigade and their subsequent Division. An additional Company was attached as a divisional reserve.
|Brigade attached to:||Divisional Reserve|
|Division attached to:||14th (Light) Division|
The 224th M.G. Coy. embarked at Southampton on 12 November 1917. It then reached Wizernes on 16 November 1917 and joined the 14th (Light) Division on 17 November 1917 on Val d’Acquin. It took the place of 249th M.G. Company.
In March 1918, it was amalgamated with the 41st, 42nd and 43rd Machine Gun Companies to form No. 14 Battalion, Machine Gun Corps.