Machine Gun Company was attached to each Infantry Brigade and their subsequent Division.

Brigade attached to:Divisional Reserve
Division attached to:12th (Eastern) Division

The 235th M.G. Coy. disembarked at Le Havre on 13 July 1917. It joined the Division at Arras on 16 July 1917.

As a unit of the 12th (Eastern) Division, it will have taken part in the following battles and engagements.

1917
BATTLE OF CAMBRAI
20 and 21 NovemberThe Tank Attack [III Corps, Third Army].
23 to 28 NovemberCapture of Bourlon Army [III Corps, Third Army].
30 November to 03 DecemberGerman Counter-Attacks [III Corps, Third Army].

On 01 February 1918, it was amalgamated with the 34th35th, and 37th Machine Gun Companies to form No. 12 Battalion, Machine Gun Corps. It became D Company.

Sources

Leave a Reply